Aa
A
A
Close
I noticed an amonia smelling when I excercised in my sweat.
Aim playing racket ball three times a week for well 2-3 hours. I notice this ammonia smell with my sweat.Now I always sweat heavy when I work out. But this ammonia smell new. Other than this smell aim fine losing some weight.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
14 tn?1256162325
The ammonia smell means you are burning muscle instead of fat during your workout. You need to increase you food/fuel intake so that you body won't use your muscles to keep you going.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
410943 tn?1202266042
I disagree,  a common cause amonia body odor is a skin infection. An ammonia odor is often caused by infection with Helicobacter, this bacteria causes stomach ulcers, or it can be caused by eating too much protein. Ask your doctor to draw a blood test for helicobacter. Ifthe results are positive, then it can be cured with antibiotics. If it is negative, you will need to eat less fish, meat, chicken and dairy products.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello I noticed your reply to wildturkey regarding the sweat smelling perspiration. if you are eating allot of protein is this dangerous to have the ammonia smell. I do allot of cardio and frequently have this odor as I am working out. I do eat allot of protein since I am a diabetic. and carbs make my sugers sky rocket. Do you have any suggestions?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
4 hrs ago
Blank
boluyawng commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
6 hrs ago
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Achieve your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank