Exercise & Fitness Community
Low abdominal pain when running

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Viewing 201-247 comments:
This problem is not gender specific.  Male athletes deal with this problem as well, but they don't describe the pain as "menstrual" like females do.  This is a CIRCULATION problem.  
I started getting this pain out of the blue on day and it hasn't gone away for 5 years.  It happens when I exert my self in strenuous exercise.  
After consulting my UCSD gyno (he is one of best in the U.S.); he confirmed this answer.  I also found an answer someone posted on another site.
When your heart rate increases too much too quickly, the blood coming through your aorta (in your lower back) has problems entering your iliac (femoral) arteries, there is a lack of blood flow to your organs, and pain results.  
YOU NEED TO WARM UP, SLOOWWWLLLYYY.  I have success when I start off by running at a 12 min/mile pace for 20 min. prior to running fast.  Its a pain in the *** though.
I'm 37, have been running on and off for about 10 years and also have this problem. It does not happen too often, but I've associated it with humidity levels, so I think it's related to breathing/oxygen levels. I have very mild asthma, and generally if I use a rescue inhaler before setting off when it's humid, I don't get the horrible cramps. My sister is a doctor and she said that low blood oxygen can cause cramping, and that everyone is different but that uterine cramps are possible as well. So make sure you're breathing properly. Usually if I stop, drink something cold and lay absolutely still, it goes way within 5-10 minutes. Good luck everyone and take care!
I am a 27 year old female, and I also experience these identical symptoms. I am very fit, and healthy. I train in a gym 5 days a week, and never experience this pain, but do everytime I run outdoors. This has been going on for several years.  I run the same trail everytime, and its usually just past the middle of the 5 kms, right after a really big hill that the pain usually starts. Its almost like a menstrual cramp, but in the low, low abdomen. It usually persists for about 5-10 minutes, and if I stop running and walk for 5 or so minutes, the pain dissapates, and usually does not return for the remainder of my run. I had several 'LEEP' procedures when I was aged 17-23, and I thought perhaps this pain was related to the procedures. However, after reading everyone elses posts, now I am not so sure. I've read online that this can be due to ovarian cysts. Has anyone with these symptoms been diagnosed with cysts? And if so, does the pain while running persist after the cysts are removed?
What you do is walk it off by walking fast and stretching your stride out to the point of feeling a pull at the top of the hip. This did it for me. Other thing I did before this was lay straight on my belly and let my insides figure it out. It hurt less and the pain was quicker to leave didn't last more than 5 minutes. 'S better than 10-20mins believe me. I have narrow hips and an atletic build, 5'9 height and love running.

Hope this helps,
Shaina
My female Dr. said if it were a female issue it would hurt other times than running.
Yes I agree with warming up. I posted a while ago saying I don't get this pain when I weight train before I do cardio. Warming up definitely has proven to help for me. I think everyone should try it and post what results they get. I want all of us to find a way out of this pain. Bc as you, I know the extremity of it. Happy Running People :)
I am a 42 year old male and have the same symptoms as most that are posting on this forum.  I have been to countless Dr.'s and had countless tests / procedures done with no answers.  

Before I get more than a minute into a run, I can tell if it the pain is going to happen that day or not; it's like my breathing is completely out of rhythm and I can't take in enough air.  Like clockwork, the abdominal pain starts about 1.5 miles into my run.  If I stop, the pain subsides almost immediately, but in re-starting my run, it soon comes back.  

If I can make it to about 6 miles, I start to feel better and can run almost normally from that point - usually there is some burping involved that makes me feel better.  

Also, I find that if the temps are 50 and below, I am much less likely to have this issue, but anything in heat and high humidity, I can almost guarantee it will happen (therefore, I live for late-Fall, Winter and early- Spring running).  

On race days, I have had some success by running until the pain comes, stop and go inside and rest, and then going back out for the "real" run, but what a hassle.

I am thankful for this forum and will experiment with some of the advice that has been previously mentioned - especailly with warming up and psoas / iliacus stretching.

Thanks!
I am a 37 yo female and have had this severe pain for years, and it feels exactly like everyone describes. It feels like bad menstrual cramps, yet they contract like pregnancy contractions. If I push my running too much the cramps will last longer and be more intense. I have learned to stop the running as soon as I feel them coming on. Then they are much less sever and tend to last a lot shorter. I have had inner and outer ultrsounds, no cysts or masses. I also had a laparoscopy to test for endometriosis, and nothing. I also notice spotting the same day as the cramps.

My gyno has no idea what it could be so I'm keeping a diary of everything. I'll try the warning up slowly as they seems to be one thing I don't do when I get the cramps. I just need to replicate that to see if that's what it is.
This is my EXACT pain. Did you ever get checked? Do you know what it could be?
this is the same exact pain that i just started getting recently. i am 20 years old and i get these same symptoms along with nausea, dizzyness, and a pain that to me felt like contractions. i stopped running for a while and just recently started bck up again and everytime i am halfway to where i want to be i get this pain that makes me stop and sit and after that i cannot run anymore. does anyone know of anything that coud help this pain?
Mishki,

So glad to have read your story! I am a 37y.o. female and decided to go off the pill a few months ago. About a month and a half later, I started noticing that I would get this lower abdominal pain when I started running. It is very painful! NEVER had this been the case, and I've been running for many years. After about a mile or so, it subsides, but never goes away completely. I'm extremely concerned about this.  I've not been to the doctor yet, but our stories are so similar, I think I might have ovarian cysts as well. I have a well woman check-up scheduled in December and I'm trying to wait until then. I may just have to go back on the pill in the meantime. I was just tired of taking it for 5 years so I stopped. I didn't think it would really change my body. This is really the only effect I've noticed. How are you now? ~Lori
Do you have any lower back issues? I have a herniated disc. L5-S1, it's pressing on my spinal cord. I asked the female doc and she said if it's a woman thing it would happen all the time. Then she said sometimes if someone has a back problem that can happen. She didn't know about my herniated disc. Sooo, my unprofessional opinion thinks that has something to do with it.
If you're sexually active, yes you could be pregnant. I hope not, you are 15! Keep running and stay away from boys. :)
My paps are normal, but I have this issue. Do you have any lower back issues? I have a herniated disc. I am thinking this has something to do with it. Also spoke to a female dr who said back pain can cause this. She didn't know I had a back issue.
Hi...Do you have back issues? perhaps disc problems? I live in FL, so it's a rare chance it will be below 50 here. But there is a lot of heat and humidity. I first noticed this pain in the heat and I thought it was heat related. But it's happened since. I don't always get this pain. I definitely don't when I lift before I run. But if I go out for a leisure run, I'm pretty sure I will get this pain. Once it comes, I HAVE to stop and it's better to stop when you first think it's coming bc otherwise you're in for a real treat. It will only be worse. It takes what feels like eternity to go away, but once it does, it's gone and you can continue to run. But there is absolutely no way I can run thru it at all. It's not a pain like that.
Hi all,

I've been following this thread and others for the last couple of years, hoping that someone would have a solution for us all.  I also have terrible debilitating cramps when I run in the two week period between when I ovulate and when I get my period.  No Dr's have been able to find anything, and I haven't been able to get pregnant for the last year and a half.
Here's what I do know: the pains are directly related to heart rate, if I can keep my heart rate lower I can avoid the cramps.  But as soon as I sprint, or get into a good paced run, the cramps are immediate.  So I've been trying to stick to yoga and weight lifting for those two weeks, which isn't ideal but it's the only way for me to get through it.
I've also had terrible breakouts and thinning hair since this all started, which leads me to believe that it's someway related to my hormones and an imbalance since it's related to my cycle.  I've just finished up all the testing for hormone disorders and get my results tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted, maybe this could finally help us out!
If I overdo cardio - too much too soon, I also have the intense lower abdominal pain spreading from my tail bone to both anterior lower abdominal quadrants that stops me in my tracks. I have to lay down immediately. It feels like intense labor contractions, coming in waves, lasting for about 10 mins. My doctor thinks its related to my irritable bowel syndrome. The more in-shape I am cardiovascularly, the less it happens. For me, the key is either staying in good shape with regular cardio - which helps me control my asthma, or start slow if I haven't done cardio in a month. Easier said than done when I'm amitious to get back in shape - especially after being laid up with the flu / bronchitis/ etc. My husband thinks its crazy too. You have to experience it to understand.
I came looking on the internet because i get the same feeling too. Ive always been active and never really felt this but recently, about 3 wks or so, I have been running every single day about 1 or 2 miles. I feel fine overall, 28 years old, healthy, have a little girl and I go to school. this feeling feels like im getting my period all over again and i all feel it after intercourse.I feel it after every single time i run...feels like im going to bleed but i never did. I felt crazy about all this and i ran, and then sat at my computer. It goes away in like, Id say 20 minutes.. iI have had some reproductive type issues. I had no problem getting pregnant but i then had think lining, had a d&c,birth control issues( which Im not allowed to take) and a cyst rupture, but no problems since. I thought my uterus was just extra sensitive or something. I wi
I'M NOT ALONE!!!

My symptoms are exactly as described here: about 1 mile into the run, I'm hit with the most amazingly excruciating uterine contractions. I'm completely incapacitated (lying on the ground, trying not to scream) for about 10 minutes, and then, as suddenly as it came, it disappears. To those who are talking about drinking water, warming up, stretching, etc., we are *not* talking about the same thing! This is not a side cramp, a stomach cramp, or even a normal menstrual cramp. If you've experienced this before, you know what I'm talking about! One time, it was so bad that the family I was visiting took me to the ER because they were convinced I had just ruptured some internal organ or something.  I've never given birth, but it feels exactly how I've hear contractions described: they come in waves, exerting intense pressure that is centered low in the abdomen. They can spread to the rectum or stomach, sometimes resulting in unfortunate expectoration from either. But it's definitely focused in the uterus--I think that any gastro/intestinal issues are just side effects of the shared uterine/rectal wall or the stomach's response to the stress and pain (sorry to get all medical and gross!).    

When all of this first began (around ages 12 or 13), my parents took me to several specialists to make sure nothing was really "wrong." I'm completely normal: no tipped uterus or endometriosis or anything like that.

Long story short, I DID find a solution! When I was 14 or 15, my very-understanding physician father suggested that I try a daily birth control pill (my Dad even wrote the prescription, telling me he trusted me not to become sexually active just because he gave me the pill--touching moment!). The pill has done wonders for me. I'm 24 now, I run several times a week, and I've done several long-distance (over 8-mile) races. Every once in a while, something will feel off and I will start to have a little pain, but nothing compared to what it used to be. I have pretty conservative values, so sometimes I feel a little self-conscious picking up the prescription without a wedding band, but it's definitely worth avoiding all that pain!

As others have mentioned, I do worry about fertility. I also worry about my ability to stay healthy and active at times when I am not able to take the pill, such as when I'm pregnant or trying to become pregnant. We'll just have to deal with those hurdles as they come!

In summary: try the pill!

Happy running!      

P.S. Yes, it is slightly annoying that I'm so dependent on the pill. However, except for a few brief interludes, I've been on the pill my entire post-pubescent life. It's not ideal, but, all things considered, I'm not going to complain. I'm just grateful that I've found something that works.
Hi. I have been reading all of these posts about this problem that also happens to me. Your response and reason makes the most sense. I am wondering though, is there any supplement or other solution that could help along with starting out slowly? Have you found anything else helpful since you posted this?
Brashley, my situation is identical to yours. Only at a certain heart rate and only between ovulation and my period. I too have been unable to get pregnant for a long time. Do you have any updates to your story? Did you get pregnant or get diagnosed? Usually bowel movements help my cramps for some reason. My doctor thought it may be endometriosis that has grown on my bowels, but I don't want to do the laparoscopy because I keep thinking I'll get pregnant and it will help. I just did hormone testing and my AMH levels were low as well as vitamin D levels. Not sure if that's related but perhaps you saw something similar on your tests?
I am a 28 year old female and have been dealing with this pain on and off since I was 14.  Like so many of you have explained, it happens the week of ovulation when you push past an aerobic threshold, I'm guessing into an anaerobic state.  The cramps are very intense and very low in the abdomen and last 15-25 minutes. Sometimes my hands and feet go numb, and about 30 minutes or so after this episode, I spot with a decent amount of blood.   From my perspective the circulation explanation makes sense, but doesn't explain the spotting afterwards.

My gyno thinks I have endometriosis and after an ultrasound she found a cyst.  I'll be having laproscopic surgery at the end of the summer to confirm the endo and remove the cyst.  I'll try to remember to come back to this post and let you know if this helps.  It will probably be September or October before I feel ready to push myself aerobically.

As a final note, I take Percocet and Zofran with me to the gym and take it when I feel cramps coming on and it shortens the duration of the pain to about 10 minutes and keeps me from vomiting.  
And as a side note, I have not tried to get pregnant, so I do not know if this is affecting my fertility.  I do not take birth control or any type of hormones.
I have exactly the same problem...when I get into a hard run...about 20 mins and my uterus is KILLING ME so bad I have to stop...but can anyone tell me what to do to fix this or if I need to go to a doctor pleas?????
I am so glad I am not alone!! I'm 19, and about 5"7 and fairly fit.
I've had this feeling for months now, whenever I run. It starts about 3 minutes into my run and lasts the entire time I run, with walking  helping a little bit if I don't continue running. Its similar to a stitch like pain, but sharper and in my ovaries. I have tried warming up, running on treadmills, nothing helps. Almost four days ago, I went on a 20 minute run, this time deciding to ignore the pain (holding it whilst I run helps a bit?). I went to the bathroom later and found blood on my underwear. I'm too early for mid cycle cramps/bleeding so went to the hospital. I had blood tests and urine samples, all coming back negative. Since then, I've been in constant pain, with a sharp ache being constant in the same spot (not as bad as the stitch like pain though!). I've had two ultrasounds (pelvic and abdominal) which have all come back okay and the doctor has no idea...
I've been googling like crazy to try and find a solution/cause for this pain :(
I've had this problem as well. Last year I started to run during my lunch hour and I found 10 mins into the run I would get the biggest stomach cramp, like I was getting my periods. It was happening constantly like clock work on every run. I googled, got advice but nothing concrete. this is what helped me
1) How much coffee do you have before you go on your run? even 1 cup doesn't help. I stopped drinking coffee before my runs. If I did have 1 cup I would have it at least 2hours before the run.
2) Gastrolyte - Electrolyte Tablets. Take 2 an hour before your run, This will rehydrate you. I drink alot of coffee and this helps alot.
3)EMPTY YOUR BOWELS before you go on your run
4) Breathe slowly whilst running, listen to music and hum while running, this helps with the breathing correctly.

This helped me alot. I actually stopped running because I've my situation last year. I'm now running again with no abdominal pains.
Good luck ladies.
I am a 27 year old personal trainer and I have been getting these cramps on and off for a few years now and have been on the pill as well. I was off the pill about 1-2 months now back on it and these cramps have been coming on everytime I run the past two weeks. it feels like a contraction in my uterus not a stomach cramp. I drink lots of water, eat healthy but also sometimes they happen after I have sex with my bf. that's one thing I didn't read on any comments unless I missed it. I am training for a race trying to run 3x a week and these contractions are killing me. I run about 1 mile and they come on so strong that I have to lay in the fetal position until they stop. I don't really believe they have anything to do with my period b/c I don't get it anyways when im on the pill. I don't believe it's caused with low back problems b/c I don't have one my core is super strong all the way around. I workout 5-6x a week and only get these when I run. it's completely unbearable. I don't want to go to dr just so they can tell me nothing. who likes going to the dr anyways. but I wrote down everything it could be that I read on here and I will be trying them! i'll keep you guys posted!
I'M NOT ALONE? I'm 18 and in good shape but I DIE after 10-15 minutes of running. Like really I'd rather be dead. Then ten minutes later I'm totally fine.
Swimming and soccer and basketball are all fine usually, it's just running. I just want someone to figure this out. Next time I go for a run i'm thinking I might take pain killers before I go. Think that'll work? Anyone tried it?
Wow. Reading this is kind of frustrating. I got every test imaginable done for these same symptoms. I was finally diagnosed with an inguinal hernia (without any imaging, just from symptoms) and went in for a diagnostic laparoscopy. The pain is in my left lower quadrant, but when I got the procedure done, they found nothing at all on the left side, just a small hernia on the right side. I never had pain in my right side ever! They fixed the right inguinal hernia while I was on the table... but I still have that pain in my lower left side of my abdomen. It FEELS like I have an ovarian cyst. but like I said, there is NOTHING there.
The poster who wrote about it being a circulation problem... that was my final conclusion. it is the only thing that makes sense. Because I only get the pain during CARDIO excersize; not weight lifting or body toning. The fact that is very disconcerning to me is that SO many people suffer from this same problem. Where did god go wrong in creating us? lol, my point is that we were made to experience pain so we know that something is WRONG and needs to be fixed. Yet there seems to be no absolute reason for why this circulatory problem is happening. in MY case, its probably because I smoke, and im working on quitting. But now im wondering if I have a severe blockage in those arteries or something. But as for the rest of you, you seem to all live healthy lifestyles but you still all suffer from the same problem!! I will try to get all my vitamins (i don't eat much)and balance my electrolytes. seems to be the only treatment.
http://lawrencegoldsomatics.blogspot.com/2010/01/inner-psoas-well-tempered-psoas-freeing.html?m=1

This might help. I have same issue.
I suffer from abdominal pain when doing cardio exercises too, but not when lifting weight.  I also have all the symptoms for endometriosis.  I wonder if this two are related since most of the women here that talk about it have the same symptoms.  As far as the intense menstrual pain, I found a food supplement that has relieved it. I highly recommend it as it has really helped me so much.  It's called Estrosmart by Lorna Vanderhaeghe.  It's in capsule form.  I find it in our local wholefoods here in Vancouver, but I'm not sure if it is sold somewhere else.  

As for the pain while running or jumping, I haven't encountered a cure yet, but I'm trying the suggestions on this post about not drinking/eating a few hours before running.  Hopefully, that will work :)
I am 16 years old. I play basketball and softball and recently started to cheer. I'm already in contain for basketball because of cheering. But I've tried to start stepping up my run to get extra prepared for basketball because all we do is run. I have started getting these kind of cramps not even 5 mins into my run in the woods. It hurt so bad that I couldn't even WALK the distance home. I had my little sister with me and she was worried sick it was that bad. I'm seriously getting concerned and hope that someone on here has found a rock solid answer to this problem so many of us have experienced. I really do hope that someone will let me know something so I can go to a specialist, but I don't even have a clue to what the problem might be to start looking for one.  I have never experienced something like this before and I'm terribly concerned. Please, someone let me know something ASAP. I would like to continue to get seriously in shape for basketball season.
I have the same pain in my lower left side but I'm male and I've read all of the comments which scared me
Plz can u tell me a cure or something to reduce this excruciating pain
After reading all these threads I know I'm not alone. Definitely uterine cramps. I am now 36 and experienced it throughout my whole life during hard exercising. Running and doing insanity. This is when my body is in high gear mode. I usually get it Right before my period but this time I got it in the middle. I stopped getting in when I was on the pill for 7 years!! My doctor says its hormonal variant. The pill regulated my hormone...and now that I'm off the pill the pain comes back even stronger!! They last me 45mins and I'm on the floor sweating, rolling, whimpering, diarrhea, vomiting until the waves of pain subsides.  So I have come to the conclusion, it's the irregular hormones, it won't go away til I have a baby, so I guess I'm gonna Have to suck it up and endure the pain....giving birth better be easier for me seeing I have to go thru this lol!!
i have been experiencing the exact same thing, what is mydol? i gym early morning at 6, so naturally i dont eat or drink before gyming, and i run on the treadmill.
hi danie, you are about the only person who descirbes this like my pain. I was told it was a bladder spasm but I have no intention of urinating during this pain. I also vomit. did you ever find out what it was?
common It's normal dude..
It's just when you step the ground with your right leg it puch the liver .. try to change your stepping leg on ground and it will disappear..
I mean stop and change the leg that step the ground first.. it will solve it.. don't worry
I had this since I'm a child.. now I'm adapted to it :)
This time, we got the following crossword puzzle clue : It's sometimes pulled while running that also known as  It's sometimes pulled while running 5 letters . First, we gonna look for more hints to the It's sometimes pulled while running crossword puzzle. Then we will collect all the require information and for solving It's sometimes pulled while running  crossword  . In the final, we get all the possible answers for the this crossword puzzle definition.

Here are other similar crossword definitions:
Vault intersection ,
Body part often pulled in sports  ;
read more on :  

read more: http://mordo-crosswords-solution.blogspot.co.il/2013/11/its-sometimes-pulled-while-running.html
I am experiencing the EXACT same issues, complete with HORRIBLE acne ( out of nowhere) and hair loss.. even some acne on my scalp.. please tell me something has come to light on this...
Brashley, did you ever figure out the issue? I have the same exact symptoms as you. The only thing my doctor and I have found so far is Lyme disease. Hormones are fine. It would help to hear if you've learned anything new.
I experience the same pain as everyone else here seems to be describing. I saw my dr about 15 years ago and he said it could be caused by extra fluid build up in the week or two before your period. ( this is when the pain occurred) he put me on the pill and it cured the pain. If I ever go off the pill the pain instantly returns in that 2 week period before my period when I run. I have had ultrasounds as we'll to check and they have all been clear. The pill also helped my acne. It is annoying that I haven't found any other natural cure for the pain (believe me I have tried almost everything)  - I was fortunate to have a Dr that didn't write it off as being all in my head - considering this was 15 years ago. As a side point - I live in the land down under and it is very hot here especially in summer and I have not found any relationship with the pain and dehydration- and I am a heavy sweater when I run- but I completely understand that everyone will have different pain triggers/causes. I hope this is helpful to someone as if I had read this community blog 15 years ago I would not have felt I was the only one in the world with THE PAIN.
I finally just returned to this page - after all my dr appointments, no one was able to help and I just kept hearing "don't run for those 2 weeks if it causes problems for your body".  Not a solution that made me happy, but because we were trying to get pregnant I decided to take it easy.
After almost 2 years of trying to get pregnant, and one miscarriage, I got pregnant 2 months after giving up running and am due in May.
I'm sorry I can't offer any information about how to help the cramps, all I can say is that giving up running was what allowed by body to carry a pregnancy successfully.
It's exactly how you're describing it. It comes in waves and is similar to period pain. It's located in my uterus and lasts 10-15 min. I can't go on a pill because I'm trying to get preagnant (my hubby has some problems) and that would zero everything. I don't know what else to do. Quit running and go for swimming perhaps.
Hey all women on here,

I recommend Mayan abdominal massage (the Arvigo technique). The uterus can easily be knocked whilst running and the massage moves it back into place. Can also have a life-changing effect on your period...my years of struggling with very heavy menstruation were cured after one treatment.
VERY IMPORTANT LIFE SAVING DIAGNOSIS. PLEASE READ

Hey everyone, got some good news for you all. well, not good news. But for me it is good news, because I have been trying to figure out the cause of this exact pain for almost two years now, since I first got pregnant.

I have been to countless doctors, have had countless imaging tests done, such as pelvic ultrasound, pelvic MRI, and abdominal cat scan, even a colonoscopy at 23 years old, with no answers. People kept telling me, "its normal if you eat too much before you run" or "that's a 'stitch' and it happens when you run sometimes, its normal." Well I knew what they were talking about.. nut that is NOT the pain I felt. I have felt that before and this is something different. A hemmoragic cyst was found on my left ovary, but it was gone in 2 weeks when I went for a sono with my gyno. She told me that I probably just have hemmorigic cysts that hurt all the time and told me that hormonal bc would help control them. made sense so I agreed. well, that didn't help. it still hurt when I ran, or did anything that got my blood going.

I investigated everything, from muscles to ligaments to colon to ovaries. nothing. But I've finally found the answer.

Don't know why I never considered my circulatory system as the culprit, since this pain only happens when I physically exert myself. I am in ultrasound school now, and I took it upon myself to investigate thoroughly my abdominal aorta and iliac artery. Turns out I have an aneurysm in my left external iliac artery. How did they miss it on CT, I don't know, but I purposely ran up and down the stairs a few times right before I scanned. sure enough, its there, and I really should be off to the hospital right now, because an aneurysm rupture can be fatal. for now I am just not exerting myself until I can get there (looking for a sitter for my son). This is not good, but, its actually so much of a relief that I finally found the problem and hopefully I will be able to fix this and excersize without pain in the future.

Please, PLEASE, if you have this pain only when you do CARDIO... PLEASE, go to the hospital or doctor right away. if this is what you have... it can be potentially fatal. and until you see a doctor, DO NOT RUN. any amount of extra pressure can burst it at any time.
by the way, the external iliac artery supplies blood to the, you guessed it, PELVIS. if you are not getting sufficient blood flow through it, your pelvic organs wont get enough oxygen and HURT, just like cramps. Please, investigate an aneurysm as the cause to your pain.
Hi amacon128,

Did you say that you DID have pain even when you were on the bc pill? The pain I get is exactly what has been described on this thread, but when I'm on the pill, I do NOT get any pain! I just want to confirm whether or not this was the same for you. I would rather not be on the pill, but it seems to be the only thing that works. I would also prefer to avoid a CT scan if at all possible.

I came looking for answers after experiencing menstrual type cramps, but lower down, after doing a hard run. It's not every time, I think only when I really push myself when running. These symptoms have been evident for years but I just assumed it was blood being redirected from unnecessary organs to cope with demands of running - a bit like pins and needles.  Sometimes I can walk it off, sometimes I need to run to the toilet. Can this be normal without being a medical emergency? Only happens after running. Weight training doesn't affect it.
Viewing 201-247 comments: