Exercise & Fitness Community
Pressure under Right Rib

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Pressure under Right Rib

I have had pressure and a dull ached under my right rib for 2 weeks - I thought it may be a GI problem and had a ct-scan of my abdomen & pelvis and blood tests - all good.  I am now wondering if it could be a muscle problem - it bothers me the most when I am sitting - feels like pressure as if something was stuffed under my rib.  When I stand or lie down it is fine.  Touching the area does not create the symptom.  Anyone ever experience anything like this?  I do not lift weights, however I should because my abdominal muscles are weak - so who knows I could have pulled a muscle lifting a gallon of milk!  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Hi! I have the exact same problem. It feels like there is something there, under the right rib. But I don't have pain.
There is a difference between how the right side feels in that area, and the left side.

Did you find out what yours was?
I didnt think it could be a GI problem. Is that what your doctor said?
Do you have regular BM?
I thought it could be the pancreas?
I went to the ER today and they did another ultra-sound of pancreas, liver, kidney and it was all good.  They also checked my blood for a bunch of stuff and it was all good too.  I see a GI dr. tomorrow and see what he says.  My BM's have been sort of weird lately and I have lost a lot of weight, which isn't good because i am small to begin with.  I know what you mean about the pressure under the rib - at times it is painful, but for the most part it is just uncomfortable.  

How are you?
Pressure and pain under the right rib can come from a lung condition also like pneumonia, pneumothorax, pleural effusion and lung mass.
This can also be due to muscular pain in the chest wall.
Please consult your family doctor about it. Meanwhile take an OTC pain killer and apply ice packs and see if it helps!