Aa
A
A
Close
Preventing vomiting after doing exercise (sit ups)?
Hello everyone!

I had to do a physical test today where I had to do close to fourty situps under two minutes, not counting the other physical tests I had to do before, and after doing the sit ups I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to vomit.

I ate approximately two hours before doing this test.  It was a light meal (toast, orange juice, banana) and practically everything was expelled.

Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent this?  Will doing more sit ups over time increase my ability to keep food down while exercising?  How long should I wait after I eat before I do physical exercise?  Any advice on what foods to eat that will process quicker to prevent it from coming back up?

Thank you very much!
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your process is wrong because you shouldn't take food before you go for exercise.You get the best results only when you do exercise without eating anything and have lots of water.After the exercise you need to wait for sometime and then et food this gives you the best result.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks.

I'll make sure not to eat before I work out, but it might be a little difficult given my situation.

If you were to work out during the day, approximately how long should you wait after you eat before working out to prevent vomiting?

Thanks again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I did some more research and found that my problem may be a combination of not doing a proper warm-up & cool-down.  I also found that it may be possible overhydration.

Does anyone think this could this also be a contributing factor?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1216231 tn?1272479304
If you must eat, make it a light meal, and give yourself four hours to digest.  I did this in high school, when I was a wrestler, and I had no problem with vomiting.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
5 Minute Hip Pain Workout
6 hrs ago by gymdandee
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
Jul 28 by gymdandee
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
Jul 27
Blank
Weight Tracker
Achieve your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank