Exercise & Fitness Community
Preventing vomiting after doing exercise (sit ups)?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Preventing vomiting after doing exercise (sit ups)?

Hello everyone!

I had to do a physical test today where I had to do close to fourty situps under two minutes, not counting the other physical tests I had to do before, and after doing the sit ups I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to vomit.

I ate approximately two hours before doing this test.  It was a light meal (toast, orange juice, banana) and practically everything was expelled.

Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent this?  Will doing more sit ups over time increase my ability to keep food down while exercising?  How long should I wait after I eat before I do physical exercise?  Any advice on what foods to eat that will process quicker to prevent it from coming back up?

Thank you very much!
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your process is wrong because you shouldn't take food before you go for exercise.You get the best results only when you do exercise without eating anything and have lots of water.After the exercise you need to wait for sometime and then et food this gives you the best result.

Blank
Thanks.

I'll make sure not to eat before I work out, but it might be a little difficult given my situation.

If you were to work out during the day, approximately how long should you wait after you eat before working out to prevent vomiting?

Thanks again.
Blank
I did some more research and found that my problem may be a combination of not doing a proper warm-up & cool-down.  I also found that it may be possible overhydration.

Does anyone think this could this also be a contributing factor?
Blank
1216231_tn?1272479304
If you must eat, make it a light meal, and give yourself four hours to digest.  I did this in high school, when I was a wrestler, and I had no problem with vomiting.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...