Exercise & Fitness Community
Preventing vomiting after doing exercise (sit ups)?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Hello everyone!

I had to do a physical test today where I had to do close to fourty situps under two minutes, not counting the other physical tests I had to do before, and after doing the sit ups I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to vomit.

I ate approximately two hours before doing this test.  It was a light meal (toast, orange juice, banana) and practically everything was expelled.

Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent this?  Will doing more sit ups over time increase my ability to keep food down while exercising?  How long should I wait after I eat before I do physical exercise?  Any advice on what foods to eat that will process quicker to prevent it from coming back up?

Thank you very much!
Your process is wrong because you shouldn't take food before you go for exercise.You get the best results only when you do exercise without eating anything and have lots of water.After the exercise you need to wait for sometime and then et food this gives you the best result.

Thanks.

I'll make sure not to eat before I work out, but it might be a little difficult given my situation.

If you were to work out during the day, approximately how long should you wait after you eat before working out to prevent vomiting?

Thanks again.
I did some more research and found that my problem may be a combination of not doing a proper warm-up & cool-down.  I also found that it may be possible overhydration.

Does anyone think this could this also be a contributing factor?
If you must eat, make it a light meal, and give yourself four hours to digest.  I did this in high school, when I was a wrestler, and I had no problem with vomiting.