Exercise & Fitness Community
Severe pelvic pain while running

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Severe pelvic pain while running

I am 39 yr old female, I run 6 miles a day 7 days a week. A week ago I first felt a twinge in my pelvic area while jogging it was intermittent and I ran through it. The next day I took one step into jogging and the second step I felt excruciating pain. I stopped immediately in reaction, and pulled a groin muscle in doing so. The adductor is mostly healed, but the pelvic pain is there any time I try to jog, within the first 2 steps. I can jump on both feet, walk around the house fine, but a fast stride or run is impossible. The pain is very sharp and feels like it is vaginal. The pain stops when I stop running.PLEASE help! Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

The pain is surely related to your physical movements so restrict any further jogging till properly diagnosed.

I would suggest you to go for scans and to follow up with an orthopedician for a proper diagnosis of the damage to any muscle or tendon.

You can take intermittent NSAIDs if your pain persists.

Take care!
I was wondering if you have found out anything about your pelvic pain while running. My daughter is 17 and has started feeling this same pain.  She runs cross-country, plays basketball and runs track.  Never had any problems until the last few weeks.  The pain is so severe, it brings her to her knees.  We have spoke with her doctor and he is not sure what the problem is.  Just wondering if anyone might have an idea.  Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Get her examined by an orthopedician trained for children. It is important to rule out arthritis or any other medical problems early.

Alternatively it may be some simple problem which can due to past injury or some discomfort get it diagnosed.

Take care!
I am not an avid runner, but recently, the day after a run (1.5 miles or so), I have exteme pain in my upper right hip. (Top of the pelvic bone).   I cannot run for two days after because of the pain.  Could it be the shoes?  It feels more like a muscle/tendon strain than an actual bone bruise.  Thank you
Sandman2 commented on Aluminum in Vaccines:...
sexy_MJ commented on photo
Vency commented on photo
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine