Sports Pains
Hi Guys,

I have a problem after playing football/running, Im a fairly fit guy, however after playing football i get all manor of pains, these do not occur while playing etc only after.. I get the following:

Pain in calf muscle and shins
Major pain in the groin (both sides) to the extent of walking like a wild west movie
Lower back pain

I warm up before playing and warm down after so i do not think it is to do with that

Ads
Even pro athletes have pain after sports. Try Icing to numb the pain and heat to bring blood to the area. Remember you're only "fairly fit guy" :>)
Well it normally lasts for a few days - just wondering if it would be from a strain or something? :S
Most likely you're just sore all over
Inadequate warm up before and after exercise is one of the frequent causes of calf and groin pain while running. Apart from that dehydration can also cause these symptoms. One of the other common causes is a condition called over pronation. Over pronation basically means that your feet are rolling over too much as you run which causes excessive pressure on the calf muscle and achilles tendon.

Do stretching exercises before and after running and take sips of water when you feel dehydrated. If symptoms persist then you may apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killers.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.