What is the bump on my littlest toe?
I have a bump on my littlest toe on my right foot for about a year now. I don't know what it is but it is painful and when I touch it, it hurts. I do not think it is a plantar's wart because it is on the right side of my right toe. At first I thought it was a blister, but it did not go away. It is sometimes red and I know it is not a callous because it is very tender. What is it? Thanks.
     How are you? With the description, it reminds me of a bunion. The common bunion is a localized area of enlargement of the inner portion of the joint at the base of the big toe. The enlargement actually represents additional bone formation, often in combination with a misalignment of the big toe.

The enlarged joint at the base of the big toe (the first metatarsophalangeal joint) can become inflamed with redness, tenderness, and pain. A small fluid-filled sac (bursa) adjacent to the joint can also become inflamed (bursitis) leading to additional swelling, redness, and pain. A less common bunion is located at the joint at the base of the smallest (fifth) toe, like in your case.

It has been suggested that tight-fitting shoes, especially high-heel and narrow-toed, might increase the risk for bunion formation. X-ray films are an excellent method of calculating the alignment of the toes. Rest, antinflammatories, cold packs, to reduce tension on the inner part of the joint of a bunion, stretching exercises; antibiotics and cortisone injections may be used in the treatment.
If all this fails surgery can be considered.
All the best.
Thank you for your detailed answer. I do not believe that it is a bunion because it is on my pinky toe, not the base of my big toe. It is very tender and parts of it are coming off and this hurts very much. Do you have any other ideas as to what it could possibly be?
Thank you in advance.
I have the same thing and I don't know what it is