Exercise & Fitness Community
Why is it everytime I try to exercise I get sick?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Hi just wondering if anyone knows why I would get a cold when i try to do exercise? I usually last 2 weeks before I get sick but this time I only lasted a week. I have been doing bike riding and was feeling great. I am on lots of vitamins and Olive leaf extract to help build my immune system. Am I just not meant to exercise? Any ideas to why my body does this would be great as I want to keep up with it. Thanks.
Hi there!

If it takes 2 weeks for you to develop flu like symptoms, it is unlikely to be related to the exercises and is more likely to be due to other environmental conditions such as environmental pollution allergies etc. Acute flu like symptom after exercise may result due to superficial capillary dilation to dissipate the heat produced. However this should settle with time and is unlikely to be related to symptoms occurring after 2 weeks. I would suggest changing your exercise regimen and the environmental space or using a face mask when you step out, as a prevention.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Avoid herbs and spices that aren't 100% certified organic.
Turmeric provides you with these whole-person benefits: Supports your healthy joint function, Promotes your radiant skin helps improve your digestion.
There's some debate about the timing of turmeric's first use as a healthy spice.
But one thing is certain. Thousands of years ago, people in India and China used the spice. In fact, some stories suggest usage dates back 10,000 years in India when they say Lord Rama walked the earth.
There is also a vegetable which has all the properties of true saffron, as well the smell and the color, and yet it is not really saffron.  
Turmeric has been used as a substitute for saffron in Europe for over 700 years.
One of the main healthful ingredients in turmeric is curcumin (a curcuminoid).
Curcumin can potentially benefit you by:Promoting your immune system against stress,
Promoting your immune system, Helping you maintain your healthy digestive system,
Supporting your healthy bones, joints, and overall skeletal system,
Helping you maintain cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range,
Promoting your healthy blood and liver functions.
Turmeric and Curcumin Provide Antioxidant Nutrients antioxidants are important for your health.
I think antioxidants are your body's #1 way to neutralize free radicals and help you potentially slow down the signs of normal aging.
Oxidation by free radicals can damage cells and organs and thus impact your aging process.
Antioxidants are also key nutrients in: Supporting your memory function,promoting your heart health, boosting your immune system
Turmeric's antioxidants help protect your cells from free radical damage.
The antioxidant content within turmeric comes from active compounds called curcuminoids. These curcuminoids deliver antioxidants that may be:
5 to 8 times stronger than vitamin E  and also stronger than vitamin C
3 times more powerful than grape seed or pine bark extract
Strong enough to scavenge the hydroxyl radical  considered by many to be the most reactive of all oxidants.