Exercise & Fitness Community
foot pain, outside of left foot at the top, right below the small toe
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

foot pain, outside of left foot at the top, right below the small toe

I run a lot, training for a marathon.  For a couple of runs I have felt a bruise like pain on my left foot, right below the small toe.  This morning when I got up, it hurt to walk on.  Any ideas?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello!

The common reason is faulty footwear and inflammation of the toes and feet. I would suggest you to take anti inflammatory medications, rest your feet for a day, use ice packs to decrease the inflammation and to change into appropriate foot wear when you start afresh.

If symptoms continue then you would need an examination near an orthopedician to rule out complications.

Take care!

Blank
I have great running shoes, and have specially fitted orthotics.  I took two weeks off, it didn't go away.  I have had two sets of x-rays, so far it isn't a stress fracture.  The doc ordered a bone scan to rule out a stress fracture.  Yesterday when I was running it would kill when I first started to run, but then it would go away.  I'm still training on it, until I know what it is at this point.  
Blank
Hello!

I would suggest you to rest and not to exert yourself till properly diagnosed. Take NSAIDs intermittently and also apply ice packs.

If required go for an MRI to diagnose any soft tissue problems. X-rays will diagnose all bony problems.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank