Exercise & Fitness Community
head lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

head lump

Hi..

Two nights ago i noticed a small lump on the right side of my head, it wasn't sore or painful,, only when i mess with it and squeeze at it has it become a little tender.
I just wondered what it is and if it is serious.
I really would rather not visit the doctor.
hey there...funny but I was looking for a forum on this...couldnt find it...and so I was going to get on here and ask about my knee problem...and saw this!

anyways...I too from time to time get a lump on the left back of my head....about in line with my ear...and it almost feels like a lyph node that gets sore. I have had this for quite some time...and it comes and goes. I have read that it is more then likely a node...and when the nodes get larger/sore...it could mean that its an indicator of something like an infection ( sinus ) or other. I dont have any other nodes swell up...and for example today...I dont feel anything back there...not sore...and its basically gone.

are your experieces similar...i am sorry I dont have much answrs...but hoping someone else can answer both of our questions....
my best,
Hi.
Where exactly is the lump located?
How do you characterize the lump?
The scalp has several areas of lymphatic drainage.  
The lump on the right side of your head could be due to a lymph node.  When a lymph node is palpable, it could mean that there is an infection near the area of the palpable lymph node.  However, there are other conditions that can bring about a palpable lymph node.
It would be best to consult your doctor about this.
Good luck.
my lump is on the left side of my head...about size of a dime...it feels like there is liquid behind it...but not at all like a cyst or pimple etc. Feels like a lymph...and it comes and goes.

Hi.
The lump you have could be cystic in nature as you described it.  
Do you have a recurrent infection in the head and neck area?
That could explain the intermittent nature of the lump behind your ear.
Though I do suggest consult with your doctor for proper evaluation.
It is very hard to tell what exactly you are having without the benefit of a good physical examination.
Good luck.
I have a lump on the lower part of my head kinda behind my left war but down more it hurts into my neck and makes my head hurt I take Motrin but it don't really help.any ideas what this could be?