tightening in chest and chest pain and shortness in breath during/after exercise
Since i can remember after or during excerise expecially running i have gotten severe discomfort and a pain in my lungs/chest this comes with a shortness of breath also. A few years ago i put on alot of weight and so i put it down to being unfit, but now i eat healthly and have lost the weight but ive still got the same symptoms. I did get acupuncture and was put on a diet of no wheat, dairy, citrus foods a few years ago but that didn't work.I have had a lung x-ray a few years ago but that showed nothing. i dont know if it is asthma as it only occurs when doin very physical activity such a running, football etc and i dont know what to do about it.
Do you think it is asthma or is ti somthing alse?
Should i get more tests done?
i wold look into the asthma thing....asthma is triggered by different things for different people.  not everyone has allergies that trigger it.
not to scare you but my sisters biological father died of a massive asthma attack....he didn't even know he had asthma.
~nanci
You may have exercise-induced asthma.  You should also consider getting a stress test done to make sure you do not have a heart condition.  Why not talk to your family doctor about your symptoms?

Christina
I'm 30 years old  I was cured from TB and its been 8 years now.But the prolonged cough is still there and in the recent check up done on Feb 07 was diagonised in the chest x ray and suggestion was that i have bilater-emphesematical lungs and early stage of ?.  From past two weeks i'm falling sick of chest tighting and breathing problem and having burping from even in empty stomach. I feel something is stuck in my throat or chest.
Pls help me what i have do.
SEE A DOCTOR AND GET CLEARENCE BEFORE YOU GO BACK TO THE GYM. CHEST PAIN IS SERIOUS AND NOT NORMAL WHEN EXERCISING.
I'm surprised you haven't seen a doctor.

I have exercise asthma. It came late,,,around early 40's. It is aggravated by exercise and enviromental conditions...cold weather, bad odors etc etc.

I NEVER HAD "PAIN". discomfort for sure,,,wheezing...i mean, i could tell that it was a breathing problem. and it was something that literally prevented me from exercizing.
ive been having chest pain for a long time. Almost a year. But the doctor says it cannot be anything serious because im to young. He says dangerous chest pain situations only occurs with people of 30 and over. Im 22 so i should ignore it, its normal he said. Also to examine it in the hospital is way to much hassle because here (holland) the waiting is to long. And generally doctors try to make any health complaint ignorable preferably to examine it. Is having a chest pain really that dangerous? Should i force my doctor to give me the letter to have it examined?