Exercise & Fitness Community
torn bicep tendon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

torn bicep tendon

Hi I have been reading everyones problems I was 27 when my shoulder started hurting like a burning with pin prickly sensation I had a MRI the Dr said I had a slight tear to my left bicep tendon and suggested to have surgery to repair it I was 28 then now one year later I'm in sever pain every day it hurts to wear a bra and the pulling of my arm being down hurts it at the end of the day I can hardly stand to take y shirt off it hurts so bad. I have had a cortizone shot andthat only helped for a few days. The DR said I needed PT but I went for 6 months with NO releif.  I have been told I should have never went to that Dr they say he messes up all the time I'm now scared he has caused major damage to my shoulder and will always be in pain does anyone know of any other procedures less invasive or have tried anything that has worked..
In pain pam
I hope you got a lawyer and sued the pants off this doctor. I also hope you going some relief
Your comment is 3 years old but two months ago I suffered terrific pain just reaching back to put on my coat.  The next week I may have overdone it in the yard removing sod.  Since then I have terrible pain in certain reaches with my left shoulder.  I went to the doctor a month ago who did an x-ray, found no breaks and prescribed physical therapy.  No relief, I returned and he did an MRI and said I had a partial tear of the biceps tendon.  His suggestion was either cut the tendon and let the bicep slip down into my arm or reattach the tendon which would involve a 3-month recovery.  I asked about cortisone and he gave me a cortisone shot 5 days ago.  I have some pain relief but no return of movement in my shoulder.  Did you ever get any pain relief?  How was it accomplished?  Anyone else experience this problem?