Exercise & Fitness Community
upto what age height can increase

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

upto what age height can increase

upto what age height of male can incraase
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Your height can increase till your bones fusion take place.
The long bones like femur, tibia fuse between 18 to 20 years in both females and males and after that there is no increase in height.
Is is also controlled by hormones and Growth hormone is one of an inducer for bone growth. Eating healthy food, protiens and calcium in diet and with exercises like cycling etc there is some sort of positive influence but the height is mostly genetically determined. Take care!
I am 20 years old now.My father and mother heights are 183 cm and 169 cm respectively. I 176 cm only.I want to grow my height more upto 180 cm.
I don't want to medicines because i am worried they might have side effects.

# Is any kind of exercise or yoga help me ? Check out these exercise .http://www.walktallshoes.com/grow-taller-exercises.html which i found on internet .Are they helpful and effective ?

# Another option is Gym.They have machines and equipments for better results.Should i join gym ?

Please help me.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

All forms of stretching exercises are helpful.
Try basketball, swimming, skipping, cycling etc and you can increase your height for few cms for sure. You have couple of years where your height will increase a little. Sports for your age are very helpful.

If you want to use any form of shoe or device check with your local orthopedician.  If they are helpful he will surely suggest you to use them. A second opinion is always good after your primary research.

Take care!
Thanks Dr.Vinod for replying.
Let me know,Is walking  also help me ?Or walking is only to loose weight ?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Walking is always good but some form of stretching like trampoline, swimming, basketball, aerobics, swimming will help you more.

For your young age indulging in sports is always better.

Go for a routine examination near an orthopedician who would examine your long bones and after that will give you the best possible suggestions!

Take care!
Can Long Term Skipping Really do increases height?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Any form of stretching is good for growing age and it contributes in some way, e.g. skipping, cycling etc.

The 2 most important things which determine active bone growth and overall growth are:
1) Your genetic history and your normal hormones required for growth
2) Proper balanced diet with enough protein and calcium during growing age with active life style.

Take care!
Hi Thanks For your answer. But I still Have a question to ask?

What Sports is best For Height Increase For Growing age?
Hi!!
I'm a girl and I just had my 15th birthday..My height it's 5"2(157 cm)..And I really want to know if I can grow more.Can exercices help me to grow taller?My mom it's 5"3(160) and my dad it's 5"9(175 cm).Thank you.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You can grow taller then what you are and if your maternal or paternal grandparents have more height then there is better hereditary/genes reasons for you to grow. Your dad and mom are also taller then what you are. Growth is also related with your levels of growth hormones and female hormones and also with diet, proper nutrition and exercise. The factors like physical exercise and balanced diet are under your control. I would suggest you stretching exercises, cycling, swimming, aerobics and also to involve in sports like basketball. Have a balanced diet with diet rich in calcium and proteins.

Take care!

Dr. Vinod,

My daughter is 13.5 years old.  She had her 1st period at age of 11.9 years and has grown app 3.5 inches since then and is now 149 cms. For last 6 months she has'nt grown in height. Doctors says that here bones are fused (based on wrist X-ray) and hence she cannot grow any further. But i see contradicitng theories about bone fusion and height growth in the interent. my height is 168 cms and my wife's heightis 158 cms.

Please could you advise whether she still has room to grow in height, atleast couple of inches?

Nikhil

Hey, im 160 cm tall,  my dad is 178 cm & my mom is 150 ..
im 18 years old. will excersice and dieting help me reach 170 or 175?
Sir , i'm 17 years old and i am 5feet 8 inch . I want to grow my height to 6feet . Is there any possibility to grow or not . Plz tell me any methods to grow height to 6 feet
Hello Sir I am 15 Years old and my height is 150 cm..
I want to increase my height to 169 cm...
Is there any possibility to grow or not . Please tell me any methods to grow my height to 169 cm's....
hey..!
    m 17 yrs old bt m still 5'4 bt i wana grow more nd on othr hand i smoke.... so will my height increase or not????
hello sir,m 20yrs n 10 months old,and nw my height is 172 but i want to increase my height upto 175-177,please tell me sir is it possible to grow upto this anyhow?