Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Bleeding after laser retinal reattach lsurgery
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bleeding after laser retinal reattach lsurgery

I had surgery to prevent retinal detachment four days ago and I am experiencing more bleeding today. I am now experiencing vision loss in that eye and am wondering if this is common or to be expected after surgery, or if I should seek attention.
Related Discussions
NO NOT COMMON

how do you know you are experiencing more bleeding?  you mean around the wound/incision site?

any vision loss should be immediately reported to the surgeon.
5 Comments
Blank
It is "internal bleeding" rather than external bleeding that I am referring to. It has now gotten so cloudy that I can't see.
Blank
call the ophthalmologist that did the surgery and state your concern, they will tell you if you need to come see them sooner than planned or not.

i hope all goes well.
Blank
Thanks for the reply,my problem is "vitreous hemorrhage" occurred 4 days after laser treatment to stop vessel bleeding and also to prevent the retina from detaching.
Now with the holidays all the offices are closed till Jan,
My eye start to bleed again and  in aprox  45 minutes my vision
went to almost none,  not been able to go to see the doctor that performed the surgery, I went the Hospital ER , they called the eye Dr that was on call, he said to go to his office today  . today they called and said that his wife was having a baby , and  they said to come in tomorrow,
now it  is  the  waiting that I am concerned about. thanks ,
Blank
okay a vitreous hemorrhage, yes that can wait until tomorrow.  you may need a vitrectomy (another surgery), but maybe not.  you knew all of this before you posted?  i mean you knew you had a vitreous hemorrhage before you asked your question...or did you just find out at the ER?

anyway...no matter.  not a medical emergency.  as long as the surgeon knows and is okay with waiting...
Blank
Sorry  Forum O.D. I learned the name " vitreous hemorrhage "  
when I went to ER.

Thanks, you have been a great help.
Blank
A related discussion, detached retina surgery was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank