Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Orbital Eye pain

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Orbital Eye pain

I have had strong throbing pain 7-8 on a 1-10 scale in the inside corner of my right eye only (along the nose bridge) for about 2 years. An eye doctor diagnosed me with Blepharitis and floppy eyelid. I do not sleep on the side with the eye pain. The treatment for Blepharitis: soak 2 times day and antibiotic once at bedtime seems to have minimal to no effect on the pain.
I do have pronounced tearing occasionaly during the day and during sleep.An MRI did not show a tumor and the doctor checked the tear duct and it does not seem to be blocked.
He tells me I have to live with the strong pain and keep up with the soaks!
I cannot seem to find any where else on the Internet that describes the intensity of pain I am experiencing associated with Blepharitis?
The pain originates from just the inside corner of the right eye only?
The only relief I get is with Etodolac 500mg 2-3 per day or a course of Prednisone.
I do wear trifocals with moderate aged vision corrections I am a 52 year old male and in general good health other than overweight.
Could there be another underlying cause of this pain?
Tags: etodolac
I forgot to mention my right eye is protruding forward slightly more than my left eye and I had a minor surgery for an eye lid infection approximatley 5 years ago.

Decapo100
so interesting.  do you have normal intra-ocular pressure?  have you had a work up for thyroid disease (a common cause of "protruding" eyes), and temporal arteritis?

you need more testing.