Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
eye pain and swollen feeling

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye pain and swollen feeling

I have been to many eye drs and no one can find anything. I have had blurriness in one eye for 2 years. I had gotten use to it as I was told it was just probably allergies as nothing else could be found. For this last week, I now have new symptons. My eye feels (but does not look) very swollen, dry, tight, burns and it hurts to move it. Its becomming very uncomfortable. could this all just be allergies? Should i go to a fourth doctor? I have been to both optomitrist and opthamologists. Please advice. Its getting very painful. One dr mentioned it might be CSR..possible?
all of that is possible.  i never know how to answer the 'i've been to three doctors and no one can find anything wrong with me' questions.

i dont know whats wrong, either.  sorry.  yes, if you still have symptoms and are unsatisfied with your previous doctors, then go to another one.
im in the medical field, with a similar problem. You might have a tear duct obstruction.
Have you ever had trauma to your eye/face?
Have you ever had a "needle in your eye?"
that is; a needle placed in your tear duct, by a physician and flushed with saline(salty)solution that you would taste in the back of your throat?  Has this test been done during your multitude of doctor visits?
have you had a CT scan of your sinuses?
have you had pus, milky white discharge, or compromised, "fuzzy" vision?
are you "dry eyed" after sleep, but "tearing" during the day?  burning and pressure?
what are your symptoms, treatments?  do these sound familar?
wondering

When you say you have been to many "eye doctors," does that include a retinal specialist? Central serous retinopathy can be diagnosed with a dilated retinal exam or fluorescent angiography, though if this were the case it COULD have showed up on a standard dilated exam... Many, many possibilities. If you haven't been to a retinal specialist, you should go to one.