Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
eye sight after wreck

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye sight after wreck

In Feb. I was in a wreck. I received a concussion III, broken neck, broken collar bone, and rupt. diaphragm. Since being released I have problems with eye sight and right side of body. My eyes are hard for me to explain. I say I can't focus, but yet it's not blurry. At times I see doulbe. When I'm in a store or at work the lights seem to make me feel like I'm looking cross-eyed at things. It's not as bad at home in dim lit rooms. At times I also feel as if I only see out of left eye, but I cover it and know I'm seeing out of other eye. I have went to an Opth. and had eyes examined. He said eyes were fine and sent me on my way. Do you know why could be happening? Any test I could be referred to take?
Thx
TRBR
well my first thought is to have an eye examination, but you already have.  this could be damage to your eye musculature or innervation from the internal (spinal?) injuries.  that would likely require the services of a neuro-ophthalmologist.  thats probably the next step IMO
Have you been to a neurologist?
Yes I have. I have had MRi's CT Scans, with and without die and no answer yet. i go June 11 to eye speciallist in Indy.