Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
white lesion of the eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

white lesion of the eye
Hello, After going for a regular eye exam, my doctor found a white spot on my left eye, he refered me to the ophtalmologist, and he said this could be a serius problem.  What can this be? I was not born with this problem becase this is not the first time I had this exam. I been looking for answers and I have not been able to find any.  Please help.
not enough info here.  where is the 'white spot?'  retina?  cornea?  iris? vitreous?
I really don't know, my Dr said that it was at the back of the eye.  That that was not common, and he wants me to see the specialist ASAP. that's why I'm worried.
also on the referral he only wrote white lesion of the left  eye.  
that could be anything.  embolus, cotton-wool spot, scar, RPE dropout, old toxoplasmosis, drusen, white dot chorioretinal inflammatory syndromes, presumed ocular histoplasmosis syndrome (POHS), acute multifocal placoid pigment epitheliopathy (AMPPE), birdshot retinochoroidopathy, etc etc etc ad nauseum.

you're just going to have to go see the specialist.  no way for anyone here to speculate on that w/o seeing it and doing more tests.
A related discussion, white lesion was started.