Eye Care Community
Accommodative esotropia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Accommodative esotropia

Dr. Hagan,

So what do you mean that the pediatric opthomologist will likely not get the same results? Does this mean she may end up with an incorrect prescription for her glasses? Also, you said that 6-8 weeks would be an acceptable wait time to see the ped. opthomologist but the first available appointment is over 2 months away and I am just getting more concnerned by the day...

Thanks for your help. I will do more research on this issue.
Jamie
Doing a glasses exam on a child is very difficult and the more training you have the better the result. If you get glasses from the optom strongly suggest you buy from a commercial optician like EyeMasters or Lensmasters. If you buy from the optom, and you likely will be pressured to do so, if the pediatric ophthalmologist finds a different glasses RX than the optom you may have to pay for a second set of lens. Bifocals are often used in this treatment.

JCH MD