Eye Care Expert Forum
Bruise on the Corner of my eyelid

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bruise on the Corner of my eyelid
I woke up this morning with a small bruise on the inner corner of my eyelid. I don't remember hitting my eye to cause a bruise at all. There also appears to be a small bump on eyelid as well near my lash line. What could cause this? Is this something I should be worried about?
If you have pain, blurring of vision, discharge from eye, double vision, flashing lights or floaters in vision then you should see an ophthalmlogist.  If you just have a small bruise, you may be able to just watch it for a while.  Be on the lookout for a possible inject bite or some sort of injury to the area that you don't remember.  If it is bothersome or getting worse or any associated worrisome symptoms, please see an ophthalmologist.  It probably is due to rubbing the eye hard or possible sneezing or coughing very hard.

MJK MD
A related discussion, what to put on bruised eye and to stop the itching was started.