Eye Care Expert Forum
Bubble in iris?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bubble in iris?
I couldn't find a picture using google, but to describe it:

In my Iris, I have sort of this bubble or circle. It looks almost intended, I just got prescription for glasses and they looked at my eyes (I havent notice this until 2 minutes ago) They told me, that I might want to get a dilation seeing how i have frequent floaters. I'm now freaking out thinking I have a tumor. I know I need to go back and will, but any quick guesses?

Here's a picture i made in ms paint:

http://img294.imageshack.us/i/helpme.jpg/

You have two totally separate issues:  floaters with a rare flasher (which indicates that the gel inside the eye is tugging on the retina - research this) and some type of iris lesion which you don't describe well enough.  Your drawing doesn't help.  If the eye doctor was an optometrist, consider getting another opinion from an Eye MD.  Relax about the tumor, iris tumors are incredibly rare to begin with and even more rare at your age.
ALSO: sometimes along with my floaters, i see and feel this sort of FLASH of light.