Eye Care Expert Forum
C3R surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

C3R surgery
Post Lasik surgery (done 2 times in my right eye and once on my left eye) , power still came back to my eyes and I have been using RGP lenses since then. Now I am told to go for C3R surgery especially in the right eye as I have Keratoconus and If i dont do it i will have to go for keratoplasty.The corneal thickness in right eye is 404 microns and left eye 465 microns. Kindly advise if this surgery is advisable for me, is it safe and what will be the after effects. I am already suffering from the after effects of Lasik and do not want to take any more risks.
Sorry but I will defer to your surgeon as I have no personal experience with this treatment although I have read some encouraging things about it for cases of severe ectasia.. You would need to speak with a professor at a major teaching hospital.  If you are facing possible corneal transplantation anyway, you may not have much to lose.

MJK MD
Dear Doctor,

Thanks a lot. would you be able to recommend someone I can speak to about this problem.

Deepika