Eye Care Community
Double vision after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Double vision after surgery

I had a retinal detachement which eventually led to a macular detachement. I have since had a few surgeries including a retinal peel to help in removing a macular pucker that developed as the result of the original injury. I will be going in again for second retinal peel in the next few weeks. Over the coarse of the last few years i have seen some slight improvements with my vision. However, more recently, perhaps just in the last 6 months i am starting to have issues with double vision on the recovering eye. A year ago my optomotrist tried using prisms to utilize some of my peripheral vision. I suspected that this may be contributing to my double vision and therefore switched back to my old glasses but have not seen any improvement. An idea as to why my eye is reacting this way. Is it possibily because my eyesight has improved on the one eye and is in the process of adjuster and therefore just neurological issue. Any suggestions?
Double vision can occur from the retrobulbar block, buckle, and also from poor vision.  As vision recovers you become aware of the double vision.  The double vision can improve with time.  If you Google  "diplopia from retrobulbar block", you find article by Dr. Hagan on this forum.

Dr. O.