Eye Drop Application
Just wondering what peoples main problems / issues are when applying eye drops. Methods that are frustrating and you feel need to be changed / improved.
I have no problems with eyedrops myself; I just walk up to the mirror and drop in the drops.  But my husband can't bear to touch his eyes or put anything in them, and I can't think of any way the system could be improved for someone like him.

As it is, I make him lie down and then I sit on his chest, hold his eyes open, and put the drops in.

He doesn't mind this approach.
Put the drop inside your lower lid after pulling it down.

Dr. O.
Thanks for your reply its much appreciated.
You mentioned that you cant think of another system to aid this process, which is why i am trying to design a more 'dignified' method of eye drop application.
Do you think that having a product that gently sprays a controlled, light mist into the eye would appeal to someone like your husband, who is otherwise deterred by eye drops. Or even you as it means you don't have to do it for him?
If I know my husband, he'd point the spray at his eyes, all right, and then close 'em the instant he pushed the release button!

But you're right:  I know a LOT of people who have trouble with eye drops, so a new approach to the problem is an interesting idea.