Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye lens water vacuole

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye lens water vacuole
Hello, I am 30 years old male, I have been wearing cognac lenses for many years now and things was fine, daily but not all day long as I was exchanging them with my eye glasses, but 3 months ago I started to get a sharp pain in my right eye and whenever I rest my eye from wearing the contacts for about a month the pain disappears, but it come again when I start putting the contacts, so went to compiles of doctors none of them really helped until the last one who made an extended examination and said that I have 2 water vacuoles in the corner of my eye lens, he didn't prescribe any medication for that and that that I should consider LASIK and till I decide about it I should follow up with him because this will develop to glaucoma later, I am not happy about this and I need am advice, what should I do? I hate the LASIK idea and I don't believe it will do any good for tips vacuoles also I want to know would that vacuoles heals by time? I mean if I stopped wearing contact lenses permanently? Please advice, thank you very much.
The vacuoles may later develop into a cataract. You are young and will probably not develop cataract for quite some time. Contact lens intolerance (sounds like this is your diagnosis) means you need to wear glasses or have surgery to correct the vision (lasik). You may not be able to wear contact lenses again.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
Sorry some mistakes I made:
cognac = contact
compiles = couples
glaucoma = cataract