Eye Care Community
Floaters and hole in retina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Floaters and hole in retina

Last year suddenly i have seen some black spot with spiderwaves in front of my Visual Field. I was very worried and i have visited to a eye doctor after examined me he told me that i have lattice degeration and a hole in my right eyes at 7 o clock position. He advised me for laser treatment. Then i visited a retina specialist for this problem and he advised me that no need to laser treatment now and check up after one year (floaters in the vitrious), now i want to know what is the perfect treatment for this problem, or my floters will reduce normally or how it will reduce.

There is no such thing as a perfect treatment in medicine.  The complication of treatment for a hole in lattice is about 5%.  The chance this hole will leak to a retinal detachment is less than  1/2 %.  So this should be followed and you should see your retinal doctor is you have a sudden increase in flashes or floater, a change in vision, or a loss of peripheral vision.

Dr. O.