Eye Care Expert Forum
Headaches, floaters

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Headaches, floaters

For the past 3 months ive had constant headaches that last all day, pain "in" my eyes, a large number of floaters in both eyes, and my eyes feel scratchy and dry all the time. I went for an eye exam about a month ago   and was told my vision was 20/20 and my eye health was fine. For a few weeks my headaches were less server and everything seemed to be returning to normal but just in the past few days ive had the most server headaches yet and a large increase in floaters.  im considering going to a normal doctor to see what they say. Was my original eye doctor and idiot? what should I do? what does it sound like i have?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
See a physician Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find one near you at www.aao.org   I would see the Eye MD before seeing you family MD as these sound more like eye problems.

JCH III MD
Hey.. I get alot of floaters, flashers, double vision, dry eyes, trailing vision, severe after images, and so on and so on.. and i was diagnosed with Atigmatism, Vitreal Changes, and Dry Eye Syndrome.. the dry eyes you have sound like the dry eye syndrome.. which isnt something you should worry about.. its actually really common.. Although i'm not a doctor I suggest you get some artificial tear drops.. NOT Visine.. you need ARTIFICIAL TEARS.. Visine will make it worse.. just try the drops.. i was recommended those by a neuro-opthamologist and they do help alot.. plus your eyes will feel very refreshed.. as for the floaters those could be a result in normal vitreous changes, occular migraines, they are normal.. so dont worry.. and usually go away on their own.. however a sudden onset of floaters and flashers can be a warning sign of retinal detachment.. which im assuming you had a dialated eye exam with your checkup so theres no need to worry.. everything is completely normal.. but if you feel the need to get checked out then do it.. im no doctor.. just giving my opinion and experience with the same problems.. take care
Avatar_dr_m_tn
-----------------------------
Thanks, Its good to know it might not be something serious, but i am deff. going to get a second exam, the headaches are really annoying and if there is anyhting that can be done id like to do it. ill post the results of my exam soon
Avatar_dr_m_tn
----------------------
Hey,
I was wondering if you could describe the floaters in your eyes because I may have the same issue. I've never had one before, but mine appears as a white bubble in my iris and it makes the surrounding area red. I thought I popped a blood vessel in my eye because both were constantly red as it is finals time at my university and I'm under very high stress.

Now I must deal with this thing, anyone know if this is serious or not?