Eye Care Expert Forum
Hello still no answers..

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Hello still no answers..

Hey just wanted to stop back in and let you know I have no answers.. I still have the blurry vision with Ghost images. I am on my 2nd prescription which is not as strong as the last pair of glasses. I do not wear bifocals.. I hardly have a prescription.. I am also noticing eye floaters in both eyes. My left has 2 good size ones and my right they are hardly noticeable.. Any ideas. I have been like this for  1 year and 5 months... I have seen Opthomologist 4 times..

It also seems these glasses are blurry now when I wear them they where crisp and clear. So I put the other prescription on and its definately worst I think my vision is trying to get better again.. Not sure My AC1 is 5.5
If prescription glasses are not correcting your vision completely (crisp and clear), then there may be a surface problem on the cornea or a retina problem.  Your ophthalmologist can do a corneal topography to see if there is any irregular astigmatism; if there is, an in-office trial of a gas permeable contact lens could be done, to see if the vision improves.  If the vision is crisp and clear with the gas permeable lens, then you could consider being fit with such a lens instead of wearing glasses.  If the problem is not in the cornea and the lens is clear (no cataract), an evaluation with a retina specialist is in order.  OCT may reveal a subtle problem in the retina such as an epiretinal membrane or fluid in the macula.
I am not sure but I was fitted with a hard contact lens for both eyes and it made my vision worst.. Is this whats called a gas contact lens??? And if there is fluid in the macula could it cause dizziness etc??? and is there a fix for that??
???