Eye Care Community
How do I treat this star on my left eye?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

3710769?1227883606
About 5 weeks ago, a star developed on the bottom eye lid of my left eye. About 3 weeks later I took sick and experience a grade 3 sinus cavity infection... infecting the entire left side of my head. I had severe blockages in my my sinus and nasal passages on the left side of my face. The entire left side of my face had swollen up a great deal. The infection was so bad and the blockages were so severe my doctor told me that I would have to have surgery to remove the blockages and drain the infection before cause any permanent damage. I experienced extreme pain from behind my eye that spread to the top of my head, my left ear, jaw and throat on the left side. I did also experience discharges from my eye. After two weeks of bed rest and medical attention, we were able to clear the infection and swelling was eliminated completely. The only thing left is this star on my eye, which was explained to me that it was a sign that had set up in that region of my head. The star has decreased a little in size but has not left yet. What do I need to do to remove this from my eye lid entirely?
Tags: how, do, i, treat, stars, on, my, left eye, treatment
The appearance is very concerning both the amount of swelling and the blood under the skin. I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist or your personal physician TODAY. Do not try home remedy any longer.

Find an Eye MD near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD