Eye Care Expert Forum
Left contact in now my eye is bloodshot and hurts
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Left contact in now my eye is bloodshot and hurts

I used to leave my contacts in for months at a time (i know, i know) and now i got glasses and have been wearing them for a couple of months now and i put my contacts in on a whim 4 days ago and they are week long contacts so i just kept them in and slept and i had no problems until this morning when i woke up and my eye had a lot of "puss" or "sleep" on it and it was extremely bloodshot and it hurt underneath the socket like on my cheek so i took my contact out and put it and kept the other in cause i'm not at my house and i dont have my contacts. Whats going on here.
Related Discussions
284078_tn?1282620298
I know, I know, that you need to see an ophthalmolgist right away, since there is a serious risk of a corneal ulcer which can cause permanant damage to the eye. Make sure you call right away so you can be see immediately.  Good luck and I'm sorry about your problem.

MJK MD
2 Comments
Blank
i think you have pink eye is thare any dry ich and pain yellow crusty stuff on your eye lids when you wake up that makes them hard to open if this is your simtoms you have pink eye ... eye drops can help intill you get intuch with an eye doctor
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank
Amerisight Institute and Valley Eye Center
Van Nuys, CA
MedHelp Health Answers