Eye Care Expert Forum
Post Cataract Surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Post Cataract Surgery

My eye seems to flicker or flutter after surgery, what causes this and will it go away?  Surgery was 5 days ago.  Also, when will my distance vision return?  I can see clearly about 5-6 feet but no further without being totally blurry.
Dear Butlercat,

It is possible that you are now a little nearsighted.  It may take some time for your eye to heal and I would recommend that you keep your next appointment. If you are concerned, communicate your concerns to your eyeMD.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California

Avatar n tn
I am extremely nearsighted now - cannot even see the big E.  I had lasik surgery twice 8 years ago and now the cataract surgery.  My vision is as bad or worse than before I had the lasik.  My doctor said my insurance might not cover replacing the wrong lens he put in so he is looking at either doing lasik again or laser surgery to correct the nearsightedness.  Is this a good procedure to do?  My eye is still flickering also.
Avatar n tn
You didn't mention what type of lens you have. I got a Restor lens put in 5 days ago and have a very annoying flicking. It's worse in brighter and under flourecent lighting. My doc said it was the "rings"  in the Restor lens (they allow the lens to adjust for close and far vision) and that my brain would adapt and I would eventually not notice it anymore. I hope he's right.