Eye Care Expert Forum
Pred Forte use

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Pred Forte use
I'm 3 weeks post op after having glaucoma surgery.  I'm taking 6 drops per day of Pred Forte.  My pupil remains partially dilated. Will this problem resolve after the drops are discontinued?
Pred Forte is a steroid drop and doesn't cause dilation of the pupil.  It may be that you are on another drop  like homatropine or cyclogyl that is causing the dilation.  Also, it might just be part of the normal healing process.  Please talk to your surgeon to see how you are doing.  Good Luck.

MJK MD
I have read Pred Forte can cause dilation.  My MD says it just isn't healed yet.  I'm very worried that I will be this light sensitive  forever if the iris never shuts the pupil again. Could that happen?