Retina swelling treatment
Hi everyone.  I had my cataract removed about 2 years ago. Today I was in the Hospital for a routine follow up and Dr. told me that there is a swelling on the retina.  He showed me the picture of Retina with some swelling .
There may be a leakage or just infection.  I am just asking from the forum and our qualified members if its normal with some patients and treatment provided can help.   I feel that for a small area swollen a steroid injection might help.
Any comments or advice will be appreciated   I do have an appointment to see Dr. in the end of this month.
I assume the diagnosis is cystoid macular edema.  It is rare to occur this late.  I would recommend a flourescein angiogram to determine the cause of the cystoid macular edema before treatment.  A steroid injection is not without risk.  We usually treat CME with drops before going to injections if it is related to the cataract surgery.

Dr. O.