Eye Care Expert Forum
Secondary Cataract Laser Removal

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Secondary Cataract Laser Removal

A month ago I had a secondary cataract removed from my right eye with a laser. My eyes were tested yesterday at a different doctors office and I was very surprised to see that the letters on the chart looked jagged! Meaning that the appearance of the letters instead of appearing smooth seemed as if they had been ripped out of something  This doctor said that their was nothing that he could do but to come back in six weeks.  He would not say that this was caused by the laser. I am stunned.

I was not told what kind of laser was used.  The procedure was as follows: An OD examined my eyes and inserted one set of drops. In approximately five minutes I went into the doctors office.  The laser  seemed to be a series of 'pops' and took about one and a half minutes. Color was improved but my vision seems to have decreased in the left eye. What could of happened and can anything be done?  What should I do?

Thank you,
Victoria
You need to consider finding a different office for your eye care. You need to be treated with courtesy and respect and you need to be informed about what and why something is being done to your eyes. If that office can't figure out what's wrong now what makes you think they can in 6 weeks?

Perhaps your family MD could refer you to another ophthalmologist Eye MD. If not you can go to www.aao.org and find one near your.;

It is important to find out what's going on as this could represent a retina/macular problem.

JCH IIII MD
The physician that performed the laser surgery did not call it 'Yag', did not ask to see me again and did not prescribe and medication. I had come for a routine eye exam and this all was unexpected.

Thank you,
Victoria

Thank you,
Victoria