Eye Care Expert Forum
Something my Dr has never seen before(white spot)

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I am recently recovering from a severe case of Conjunctivitis(it was viral and in both my eyes). During my last trip to my doctor she noticed something she has "never seen before" and describing it as a "white blurry spot on an inner layer of my cornea in my right eye." This layer she said works as the pump for my eye keeping water out, if that helps at all as to where I'm talking about. She is mostly baffled as to how something got into that layer since nothing from the outside world reaches it. I already made an appointment with a corneal specialist (by my Dr.'s referral)..but it's far from now and I'm seriously wondering what it would be and how it will be treated (surgery?). Any thoughts would be very appreciated!
Sounds like you may have an inflammatory spot on the corneal endothelium.  If that's the case, you would need to see a specialist sooner rather than later in case it needs active treatment.  Assuming you saw an optometrist for this, go see an ophthalmologist who is willing to see you sooner (especially if your vision is compromised or you have significant light sensitivity.

HV
Thank you Dr. Vosoghi, while I do have this spot I am not suffering from any side effects. The Dr. whom I saw who was treating my conjunctivitis was my Ophthalmologist and said I needed to see the corneal specialist because of the tools they have are better to see my problem. The corneal specialist whom I called was actually a directory of doctors and I picked the closest one in time which is more than a week away.