Eye Care Expert Forum
Starburst after yag cap

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Starburst after yag cap
Went back to my eye dr , he said I had a piece  of vitrerous leftover from the yag cap that was hanging on . It is still connected and moving in front of my line of vision he is doing a second yag cap to fix the problem .   Brian
It is possible that a tag or remnant of the capsule is in the line of sight in the central vitreous.  If this is bothersome to you, a second YAG laser will probably be able to move the fragment out of your central vision.
Thanks for the reply , i had the yag cap 2 wks ago had starbursts after , went back and my Dr said this was the first time this has happened in his career , he is  over 50 yrs old and i cant believe that . Said this was the first time for him to have a piece leftover . Anyway he is doing a second yag to zap it off . Said he will try to get done no charge ?. I think he should do it free , he didn't do it correct the first time  .     Brian