Eye Care Expert Forum
Vitrectomy side effects

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Vitrectomy side effects
My daughter had surgery to repair a macular pucker in September 2009.  She continues to have periodic blurry vision in the affected eye.  She has constant headaches.  the eye surgeon told her to see an optometrist in case she needs glasses.  He opined that the headaches could be eye strain. She went yesterday and she tests out at 20/20.  She tells me that if she tries to read she has pain.  As an aside she is only 34 and did not suffer a recent head injury.  She had been involved in a car accident when she was 17.  This is the only trauma.

She will not be seen again until January.  Is this normal for this type of surgery?  Should she be seeking another opinion?  Thank you
Yes others posting have had that sort of problem but its not real common. Yes I would suggest a second opinion.  Note that JodieJ asks about image size. She has had similiar problems and the problem can be due to differnce in image size (aneisoconia). You can use the search feature and read many of her postings.

JCHMD
Is the image in each of your daughter's eyes the same size?