Eye Care Expert Forum
eyelid drooping with uneven pupils

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eyelid drooping with uneven pupils
I have noticed for a while that my pupils are uneven in size. I also have had a drooping eye lid that I thought was caused by aging I am 36. the drooping is on the pupil that is smaller. i just researched on the internet and i am worried that it is horners syndrome. what steps do i need to take. i also had some pulsing on the bottom lid last saturday that went on and off for a few days then stopped. i could not feel this but could see it pulsing when i looked in the mirror.  i have also been experiencing eye headache since then daily. thank you for your help
This does sound like Horner's Syndrome. You need to see an ophthalmologist to have this evaluated. There are some test they will do to determine first if it's Horner's and then what type of Horner's and the cause.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
www.tmcgaritymd.com
HI Dr. McGarity
I noticed that it is not my lid that is drooping because when looking in the mirror my both of my lids hit my iris at the same spot. more of a brow drooping or sagging. could this still be horner's syndrome? Is it the actual lid falling lower on the eye that they are describing as a symptom for horner? I appreciate your reply.
thank you!!!
Jenn
Horner's Triad: Drooping eyelid (not eyebrow), smaller pupil and reverse ptosis (where the lower eyelid is actually a little higher).

A facial drop (drooping brow) is caused by the upper nucleus of the 7th cranial nerve in the brainstem, though you would be having other serious neurologic phenomenon with this too.

You need to be evaluated. It's the only way to have the answer.
Sincerely,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
www.tmcgaritymd.com