Eye Care Expert Forum
eyelid

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eyelid
First I am a contact lens wearer.  I noticed a stye like bump on my left lower eyelid last week that "popped" overnight releasing a white puss.  Seemed to have completely gone away.  this morning i woke to a very sore left eye but didn't see anything.  it hurts to touch the lower eyelid and when i flip the lid, there is a white spot with the rest of the inner lid being very red.  It also hurts to touch the eyelid and to blink....should i see a doctor tomorrow or give it a few days
Do not wear your contacts as this could cause a corneal ucler infection which is very serious. Use warm compresses and see an Eye MD ophthalmologist tomorrow.

JCH III MD
i haven't worn my contacts in over a week - since the stye appeared.  have an appointment tomorrow to see md, but wondering what this is.

You'll find out tomorrow.

JCH III MD