Eye Care Expert Forum
iol identification card

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

iol identification card
Are iol identification cards always  provided to the patient for their files?  Under what circumstances would these cards not be provided/available to the patient?
It is ususally the case but is not always done. The ID card has manufactuer, model, serial # and power. The information is also put in the hospital/ASC chart and the medical chart.

JCH III MD
Hello again light show. I've been away from MedHelp for awhile but now I'm back. I've been thinking about you and gather from your post that you had your lens exchange. I hope it went well and is giving you some relief. I tried to add you to my friends list by following the two supposedly available methods but neither worked . All I got was a missive from MedHelp telling me how to go about it. I joined the Eyecare Community but I couldn't find you there. So I guess until they fix the problem all I can do is hope that you see this.  Hoping to hear from you, Diamondeyes
---------------