Eye Care Expert Forum
light sensitivity

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

light sensitivity
I'm 26 years and my problem is light sensitivity. My eyes are burning when I try to watch TV, computer or when is strong sunlight. In 2004 I had a lasik surgery for medium myopia and before that I had contact lenses. Now  I wear glasses for small myopia and astigmatism. I had this problem before the lasik surgery but it was rarely, after the lasik it became permanent. I've seen many doctors and the only cause they could find was dry eye.I 've tried many eye drops for dry eyes but no result. What else could cause me this photophobia?
By far dry eyes is the most common. Use the search and archives and health topics to review the many posts on dry eyes as well as dry eyes associated with lasik.

See an Eye MD you may be a candidate for Restasis and/or tear duct plugs.

jch md
Thank you for your answer. I would like also  to know if astigmatism: R: -0.75 L: -0.5 could be the cause of dry eyes, light sensitivity and inflammation.
NO astimatism will not cause those symptoms.
JCH III MD