Eye Care Expert Forum
papilloma of eyelid
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
papilloma of eyelid
Hi, I was recently diagnosed with a papilloma of my lower left eyelid. I am confused. Is this due to the HPV virus. I have heard conflicting views. Someone told me it could be from rubbing my eyes and allergies. Any help would be helpful. I am worried about getting more warts. Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1731421 tn?1358826971
It could very well be caused by the HPV (human papilloma virus) virus, of which there are multiple strains/species. It's not sexually transmitted so don't worry. Try to not touch your eyes, but if you must then always clean your hands well first.

Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, Medical Doctor
Discussion is closed
Cancel
thanks for your answer. i already have std hpv. just wondering if the eye papilloma was a different strain of virus or if it could be from an allergy
Discussion is closed
Cancel
One more question when you have a moment. Could this papilloma could have been gotten from a makeup consultation if they didn't clean brushes or eyeliner? Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now