Eye Care Community
raised lesions on the sclera
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

raised lesions on the sclera

My husband woke this am with raised lesions (areas) from the outside of the iris towards the lacrimal caruncle on his left eye then later this evening it was also on the right eye. On the right eye its on both sides of the iris. He's having a slight vision problem. The swollen area is off white in color. It appears to be only slightly pink around the edges of the swollen part of the eye. Is this an infection of some kind or mabey alergies (allergies) to something? Does he need to see a Dr. about this or will it go away on its own.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
If its an infection expect pus and purulent discharge. It could be episcleritis or an inflammed pingueculum.  If not better tomorrow see an ophthalmologist.
JCH MD
Blank
good day
I observe just now something went wrong with my right eye..there is a inflamed vein..but inside is watery...colorless.and its surroundings is slightly redish.....i feel dryness on my right eye which makes me blink  oftenly..  it affects my vision..its getting blurd..and i feel headache
Blank
good day
I observe just now something went wrong with my right eye..there is a inflamed vein..but inside is watery...colorless.and its surroundings is slightly redish.....i feel dryness on my right eye which makes me blink  oftenly..  it affects my vision..its getting blurd..and i feel headache
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
No way to make  a diagnosis but since you have headache and blurred vision you should see your ophthalmologist or call your family MD and ask for a referral.  If the blurred vision and headache become servere and you can't get into an MD consider going to an ER with ophthalmology coverage.

JCHMD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank