Eye Care Community
white lump on eyeball
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

white lump on eyeball

5316760?1264682727
Hi

My 2 year old son has developed a white lump on his eyeball (maybe could have been caused by one of his toy cars).

I took him to the paediatrician who said it was conjunctivitis and gave him some eye drops. But a week later and the redness and lump are still there and I'm not convinced that it is (just) conjunctivitis.

A quick Google suggests it could be 'pinguecula' - but he is not of 'old age' near do we live in tropical climes or other such high UV area (listed as in common with this condition).

Then again it could be both those conditions (because now my eye has subsequently also become red/sore, though there are no white lumps on mine).

I put some photos here, I'd be interested in a second opinion.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=tiff.shaw&target=ALBUM&id=5431712448167979921&authkey=Gv1sRgCLaUl6a5pfaXRg&feat=email

If it is Pinguecula do you know if it is here for life or will it fade away?

Many thanks

Chris
-=-=-=