Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
7 weeks pregnant with open cervix
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

7 weeks pregnant with open cervix

hi Everyone,
i want opinions and guidance on one issue. I am 7 week pregnant, this is my 2nd preg.I miscarried for first one in 2005 due to fibroids. My OBS/GYn at that time told me in a follow up visit that my cervix does not close after ovulation or whenever it is supposed to be closed, and I might ahce to have stiches (cerclage) when I get preg again. Now as I am in week 7 I asked my Nurse about the risk of open cervix and he said it does not matter till week 12 or so. I don't have appointment with my Dr for 3 more days thats when he si going to do Ultra sound too.
But day before yesterday I had bright red spot when I wiped after using washroom -that was at about 2 pm then clear till 8 pm and again bright red blood very small qnatity only on tissue when I wiped. Clear overnight and again little bit spotting when I wiped at about 3 pm. Clear since then...but I am totally freaked out now...when i calle dmy Dr office after first spotting they said wait and come for US but if it gets heavier then give them a call. as its not havy so I am just waiting for my appointment day now...but I need assurances or otherwise...any opinion any experinces...