Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HELP! Does anyone have any information about getting pregnant using a d...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

HELP! Does anyone have any information about getting pregnant using a donated embryo?

I would appreciate any feedback at all on this. I am 30 and just had my fourth failed IUI. I spoke with my nurse today after starting AF at the end of this two week wait and she's scheduled an appointment for my husband & I to go and in and discuss our options with our reproductive endo. She said that judging by his notes he thinks that IVF might be the next logical step for us due to the fact that I have endometriosis and he feels that there may be problems there that would keep the IUI from working. I'm really confused about all of this since I did have eggs which were pronounced fine for each of these 4 IUI procedures. The cost that I was given (in my area) for each IVF cycle is much more than what I can afford. I know that during our initial consultation with the doctor he mentioned something about possibly using a donor embryo and implanting it into me in order to achieve pregnancy. Does anyone know anything about any of this? Particularly the cost? Any and all feedback is very much welcome!
There's a woman who sometimes is on this forum called mysty something or another.  She's gotten pregnant several times w/donor embryos.  The cost is around $2-3K for everything.  I wish I could remember her exact user name - if I can think of it, I'll let you know.  There are others too that have gotten pg w/donor embryos - I'll start racking my brain - best of luck to you and SSBD, jen
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers