Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How the thicken uterine lining

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

How the thicken uterine lining

My RE says my uterine lining is very thin; it went from 7mm to 5mm on clomid (have sense switched to Femera).  Has anyone had problems with thin lining and if so, how did you thicken it.
Hello! Sounds like just switching from clomid to femara can help! clomid is known to thin the lining.. it depends when in your cycle you had those measurements.. also sometimes your utuerus can contract from the ultrasound and cause your lining to appear thinner than it is.....I know that sometimes people go on estrogen patches ( i think its to help the lining, but not 100%) but your dr has to measure your estrogen to check that first.. also progesterone in the 2ww helps as well! I imagine just switching to femara should do the trick in itself though! GOOD LUCK!
Hi rjoshua! I actually was on Clomid for one cycle and it thinned my lining. They switched me to Femara and my lining thickened up. Last time, it measured 11mm.
I used estrogen - but I did IVF
I put 2 mg inside vaginally of estrogen on top of prescribed dose
I also added baby aspirine about 4 times in the 2 weeks