Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Inoperable left tube and Ectopic in the other

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hello I am new to this forum!  We have been TTC for about a year now. I went to the ER for severe abdominal pain.  I was told I had an 8 week Ectopic pregnancy (suprise! I had regular cycles and no symptoms)  in my right tube with no caridac and internal bleeding.  So they rushed me off to surgery (laporoscopy).  During the surgery the doctor "tapped" my right tube and it "spit" the pregnancy out.  This caused the internal bleeding to almost become uncontrollable.  He discovered that my left tube was completely blocked and basically dead....this right tube was all the hope I had to concieve (conceive).  So instead of doing what most doctors would do, he took his time to stop the internal bleeding and saved the tube!   He had told me that ectopic pregnancies result in damage to tube and he is unsure if this tube will be operable.  We are doing a HSG test in 3 months.  My God is my healer and it is rare that tubes are saved in these cases.  If there is anyone out there that has had a similar situation happen and has anything to say, I would love to hear your story!
I don't have a similar story, but just wanted to wish you best of luck with everything! Sounds like you are working with a wonderful doctor. Hopefully your HSG will show that the right tube is still open!