Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is it possible to not ovulate after trigger shot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I know this might be a silly question but I was reading some information about ovulation and I was wondering is it possible that even after the trigger shot you don't ovulate?
i believe the answer is yes - but i would ask your dr to be sure.
Also - if done too close to ovulation or after ovulation it can also screw up TTC.
I was just wondering because I didn't always ovulate just with Clomid, so this was my first time with Clomid, injectibles and IUI, so I was wondering even though I had an ultrasound and it showed 3 follicles and then did my trigger shot and was thinking it's possible I don't ovulate.  
One of my cycles my temp didn't go up after the trigger shot like i would have expected it to.  When I called my RE, the told me there was NO way with confirmed mature follicles that I did not ovulate with hcg trigger shot.  I did get BFP so he was right.  

I have also read that it is somewhat common to develope mature follicles on clomid but not ovulate.  The chance of this increases for doses of 100mg and more.  That is one of the reasons the HCG trigger is used with the clomid (to trigger/ensure the ovulation).  

With all the said, there may be some small possiblity that even with trigger shot to not ovulate but if you have mature follicles, I wouldn't worry about that.  If there is a chance that it didn't happen, it is probably very small.  Congrats on your IUI!!  Best of luck
Thanks so much, that information was so helpful and I really appreciate.  I know you are excited about seeing your little one.  It's the best thing in the world, my little one is already 2.  Time goes by so fast.  I hope I to get a BFP!  Thanks again.
it is possible not to ovulate after the trigger but this is the exception not the rule.  97% of women will ovulate. I would ovulate very LATE after taking clomid ( around cd 23) but I ovulate right on time with the trigger. I was worried about it in the beginning as well because my ovulation would hurt on clomid and I did not feel anything after the trigger.  But progesterone and ultrasound has confirmed ovulation 3 months now so I would not worry, I am sure you are fine. good luck!!!
You know that's why I think you guys are so great.  If I have a question usually one of you guys can answer or shed some light on the subject and I just want to thank you guys for being so helpful.  So Thanks!
This is a great thread and I'm really glad I found it because we are going for a follicle scan on CD13 and possibly getting the HcG trigger this cycle if we have mature follicles from the 100mg Clomid.
Well to answer this question, apparently it is possible to not O after trigger! who knew!!!??  apparently i'm in that 3% whoo!  I had femara, ovidrel and a great follie of 22mm at cd12, went in for IUI next morning then in for a make sure the follie ruptured sono the next day (really glad my RE did this, I thought it was kinda strange at first!) and sure enough my follie was 25mm not ruptured and this was 48 hours after my trigger : (  so upsetting! I sure hope it ruptured since then, we have been bding to cover our bases!  Have any of yall had post -O ultrasounds to check?  GOOD LUCK!
I had my IUI on cd17. On cd13 I had a total of 6 follies, 2 on each side-4 @17mm, 1@16mm, and 1@15mm. Does this sound good to any of yall? I am now in cd22 pIUI and i'm really not having any symptoms other than the tender breast and bloating. Does this sound norm?

Thanks and God Bless to all:)
Sorry I meant 3 on each side.
Hello! sounds like you had a lot of follis which is great!    I imagine they would have been nice and ripe by cd17 if that was their size on cd13, did you have a trigger or doing progesterone now?    Not sure whats normal afterwards since this was my first month (no symptoms for me, then again It didnt' work since it didnt' release the egg : (    ) GOod luck and keep us updated!!!
I did take 2 ovidrel shots @ 10 pm on cd15. I have been on progesterone every night since cd19. Good luck to you as well. Did you have the same procedures?
So they gave you two ovidrel shots at one time?? humm Sounds like I needed that! Do you know why they did that? have you tried it before and not responded?? They said that they were going to give me Novarel or something next month which is supposed to be "stronger"! who knows! I did have an IUI, 26 hours after trigger, then an ultrasound 48 hours after trigger which showed the follie still there but at 25mm even bigger ugh!
This was my first time ever for the ovidrel so I didn't question why I had to do 2.
I wish I would have asked for two! hehe!  oh well, hopefully Novadrel or something will work better next cycle! good luck to you! when are you testing??  : )
Blood Test scheduled for 31st. I did take a HPT on 5DPIUI and got a neg but I know that is to soon, but I was wondering why the trigger shot didn't show up.
What is the norm for cycles?? i have done two iui's the last one this friday and I usually only do 4-5 days of injectables and then a trigger shot. My dr said I produce follicles quickly. I had 12 on the left and 4 on the right.. 3 were mature she said.. I see some people do 2-3 weeks before trigger shot. I have fsh prblems and my hubby has sperm issues..
it is possible because i did not ovulate afer my trigger shot and my dr said i should loose weight before i try again coz i am overweight that may be the reason i will try another treatment in my next cycle as i have lost 8kg this last two months
weight has aot to do with it.. My periods were all screw up when i was overweight... I was 50lbs over weight... I lost all that weight now i have my periods every month 28/29 day and I have been ovulating on my 14th day of my cycle... Good luck !!
I had my first tpi about a month ago, and skipped an entire period. Yesterday I got aanother tpi the day I finally started my period and then literally right after I got the shots my period stopped like instantly I get pregnancy tested at least twice a week so I'm almost certain that the tpi's have something to do with it though I'm not a doctor, it'd be best to get it checked out. Good luck and let me know as this is severely causing great concern.
hi i am realy confused because my dr gave me menopure injection than 3 trigger shot once a day....bt i didnt feel any discharge ,,whether i ovalute or not?