Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
TRYING to concieve(conceive) after Mirena Removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am getting SOOOOO frustrated right now! I had the Mirena IUD removed April 27th. My husband and I informed our gyno that we wanted to try to have a baby in June. So he advised we come in and get the IUD out so that my uterine lining can thicken back up. (I had the IUD for 4+ years!) He made sure to tell us to use condoms for a month then we could start trying. Well... I've spent at LEAST $200 in purchasing ovulation kits, I've been reading ovulation charts, checking my basal body temp first thing in the am, and here it is July 1st, and no PLUS sign on the HPT.... and NO PERIOD SINCE REMOVAL!

I've had TONS of symptoms since then... change of appetite/ cravings, naseau w/o vomiting, tender breasts, SERIOUS mood swings and extreme fatigue. But the nurses continue to tell me that those are caused by my hormones realigning from the Mirena removal. I think once I have my period, I will be able to concieve (conceive), but how long is this gonna take!? Do I need to go get pills to bring on AF? This is SO frustrating.... I just want a little girl! :-(
It took me 5 months to get pregnant after my Mirena IUD was removed. However my period arrived just a few weeks after removal and was then regular every month after that. Maybe your doctor can prescribe u provera to kick start your period into action.
It took me 21 months to get pregnant after IUD removed... I have mine removed 05/07 and my peroid came just few weeks after removed.  I spent tons of money for ovulation kits, HPT, infertility medicines,  doctor co-pay, etc... You are not alone here.. Just hang in there...

The best is talk to your OBGYN.  usually doctor always has something to give you to start your period.  

Good luck to you and take care
I had my Mirena removed June 5th and we are TTC as well. I had some bleeding the day after it was removed for about 4 days but not sure if that was a really a period. I'm just waiting to see if I'll get another one next week. Hopefully not.

Good Luck!
I had my mirena removed on June 1, 2009.. bled for 5 days very heavily on June3rd... that stopped... a couple of days later, I spotted for 2 days... now NOTHING. No pregnancy... no ovulation... its nonsense.  Its very frustrating.. everyone says to not thik about it, but be realistic... its frustrating.  Even if I am not pregnant I just want a darn period..... i hate mirena
Your story is EXACTLY like mine! Even the wanting to have a little girl part but i have a question for you...how long did your dr. tell you to wait to try to conceive? My dr. told me to wait 3 WHOLE MONTHS! I just wanna know if I should get a 2nd opinion. Good luck to you!
I had the IUD for 2 years when I got it taken out I started bleeding a few days after it was taken out and 2 weeks later I got pregnant.
I had my IUD taken out in Dec '08.  Had one miscarriage and haven't been able to get pregnant since.  I appreciate all the posts, still gives me hope.  I have two children from a previous marriage, so my husband thinks he doesn't have any little swimmers.  Will wait and see.  I am 36 now too, so it may be harder for me to conceive.  I had a child after having an iud before with no problems.  Hopefully soon!!
Hi all! I had my Mirena IUD removed 8/10 and am just hoping my AF returns asap! The first 2 days after removal I had lots of cramps and brown discharge (sorry TMI), then nothing for the next few days, the brown stuff came back on 8/17, 8/18 I had a bunch of it, sometimes with bright red, 8/19 light again, today NOTHING. This is so frustrating!!

We had a lot of problems getting pg with our daughter, so I'm just hoping the doc will step up a little earlier this time and be proactive.
i had my mirena removed on september 23/09 and i had it on july 10/09 the reason i wanted it out because i couldn't tolerate the side effects, acne, weight gain, headaches, sore breast etc.
i tried right away to get pregnant, its been 4 months now.. will see how this will go.
wish me luck ladies!!! oh yeah any advice? anyone?
I had my mirena taken out Dec 2009, my husband and i have been TTC since Jan, no luck! I had my mirena for only a year and I'm only 20, we have a 20 month old and we are hoping it will happen soon. Good luck to all of you.
Hi, I'm new to the site. I had my mirena took out on 7-19-2010 and I didn't have no bleeding at all. My pd came on 7-21-2010 like it does every month my doctor said everything look good but within the last 2mo's I gained 20 pounds I always been 120-125 now I'm 145pds and I'm grumpy all the time I get headaches and my appetite is crazy. I have 2 Boys 8 and 5. I always new exactly when I was pregnant but this is crazy. I had this mirena for 5years and no complications till now. Somebody plz tell me something..
i understand everyone issue i got my iud removed on 1/28/2010 and in april i started having regular Af and dh and i havent had any luck we both have a child each from previous relationship. so we are seriously trying for a baby boy or girl...tooo frustrating
has anyone on here gotten their BFP since their post???  I got mine out may 2009 it is now dec 2010 and I still dont have a another ( i have to boys 9&5) baby or a BFP for that matter this is my 21st soon to be on 22nd cycle.  I had no problems conceiving my 2 children my second was conceived on cycle 5 after being on depo for 3 years
I am getting seriously fed up now! I had Mirena for over 5 years then had it replaced for another 18 months and then had it removed as was having continual uti's. Had it removed in April 2010 and then TTC since October 2010..so far no luck. Don't know if this is because of age (36) or something to do with Mirena. My last 2 were conceived in a blink of an eye, the last was 8 years ago though.....I was feeling positive this month, until this evening when I'm now convinced that my AF will be coming this weekend...these next few days are gonna be sooo hard and I will be soooo gutted when I come on...I feel like it's never going to happen and isn't meant to be  :-(  Anyone let me know if they've managed to get a BFP yet??
I AM VERY FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I GOT MY MIRENA REMOVED ON 02/16/11 AND I STILL DONT HAVE A PERIOD AND I KNOW IT HASNT BEEN THAT LONG AGO BUT IVE BEEN TRYING SINCE THE DAY I GOT IT OUT MY DOCTOR SAID IT WOULD BE FINE AND NOTHING. IVE BEEN READING ALL THESE HORROR STORIES ABOUT NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN AND NOT OVULATION SO I FEEL AS IF IM SCREWED!!! WHAT DO I DO?????????
hi... i had the mirena for 2years had it taken out in october 2010 and im still trying for a baby with my husband. im getting so angry and upset because the doctors keep telling me i should just be patient. i had a miscarriage 5years ago and since then diagnosed with POS but still i feel like the doctors dont want to help me. ive spent alot of money on ovulation kits too but there no use either!
It took me 1 year and a half to get pregnant with my son, aoll advice I can give is to just relax, the more stressed you are the harder it is to get pregnant. Enjoy the time you have with your husband because once the little bunndle comes all your days and nights are consumed be them.
I had my mirena in for 4 years I am 32 now i got it taken out September 2011. I have three kids with my ex husband from before mirena  and now with my DH of a year (he doesnt have kids we want a baby badly) but we havent been able to get pregnant been trying almost a year now. anyone in this same boat?
After having my iud in for 2 1/2 year's i took it out in July 2012 and got pregnant in September 2012 but 6 weeks in my pregnancy i had a miscarriage... I read that some women have many miscarriages after removal of the iud... Im scared to try again.. My dr said we can start trying after my 2 regular period..
I had merina IUD for almost 4 years. I took it out myself in February 2012. I have been TTC off and on since then but really trying for the past few months. I have 4 kids already but we really want to try for a boy since we have all girls. I'm 30 and I don't want it to take a long time before getting pregnant again for the last time considering I will be too old then. I have had irregular periods since the removal and last month I had brown discharge for about two weeks straight. I also had all of the pregnancy symptoms but a negative test result. It's frustrating!! I want another baby so badly.
Please I Need good advise beside relax be patient and so on.already get that !
Ive had my mirena 5years. Just had it remove six weeks ago ! (1-18-18)
No period durning 5years and still no period returned ive been trying sense the day it was removed. Took to early hopful pt test 3&4 wks after removal of corse showed neg. Rresults
I have been a major cry baby wich is not normal
Ive gain a lot of waight wich I blame only myself ..not the mirena haha
I want a baby! My son five and a spoiled child and need a sibling asap
Ive had muscles twitching niplle tenderness but no period and. Reluctant to take another PT .
My Dr. Didnt suggest a waiting period to try he simply explained that women ovulate still while on mirena so once its remove everything should conintue.
I as wou ld like responsss of women who have gotten pregnat after mirena. How long it took die hard trying!! Or not trying so hard